AW: [omniORB] connect to any host

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Jan 15 11:57:01 2003

On Tuesday 7 January, "Gerhard Grossauer" wrote:

> I have the option -ORBserverName from
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/omniORB/doc/3.0/omniORB/omniORB006.html#t
> oc26
>
> But it didn't work.

Oh yes, I'd forgotten about that. omniORB 3 does have that option, but
it doesn't do what you think it does. It's for identifying the program
your are running, not identifying things it should connect to.

> I want to pass the hostname as command line argument to my client
> program. The client program (name=gps_status_transfer) should connect to
> the server program on the passed host. Which command line argument do I
> have to use ?

You probably want to construct a corbaloc URI and give it to
string_to_object. For that to work, you need to pin down the port the
server listens on, and activate objects in the omniINSPO.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --