[omniORB] IR client compilation problems

Erling Ringen Elvsrud erling@killozap.com
Tue Jan 14 10:28:02 2003

On Sun, Jan 12, 2003 at 08:16:59PM +0100, Erling Ringen Elvsrud wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm experimenting a bit with IR and DII( at least trying to experiment).
>
> I resolve the initial reference to the IR with the following code:
> CORBA::Object_var IR =
>    orb->resolve_initial_references("InterfaceRepository");
>
> after that I try to narrow it to the CORBA::Repository interface type,
> but the compiler cannot find the Repository type:
>
> tester.cc:36: `Repository_var' undeclared (first use this function)

After reading the fine manual ( wich I should have done earlier ) I
found this out myself.
To enable client IR support I had to unncomment
#define ENABLE_CLIENT_IR_SUPPORT in CORBA_sysdep.h

Erling