[omniORB] TCP Communication Problem - endPoint (Chenot's)

Mark Underwood mlu@cfdrc.com
Wed Jan 8 18:01:01 2003

On Thursday 2 January, "Chenot's" wrote:

>/ omniORB: giopRendezvouser task execute for giop:tcp:162.70.26.13:0/

I have also seen this problem on Solaris 8, if you are trying to use the
64-bit version.  I first used the previously posted workarounds for
building 64-bit mode.  Since omkdepend, omniidl, and omnicpp fail to
build properly, the suggestion was to use the 32 bit versions.  The
omniORB version that results suffers also from trying to use port 0.

To get a version that seems to work, I had to provide a 64-bit Python
and then do two separate 64-bit builds.  The first build I use the "old"
system (sun4_sosV_5.7.mk modified for 64-bit, not autobuild).  This
produces a working omniidl system (but omkdepend is still broken).  I
then copied off omniidl, omnicpp, and _omniidlmodule.so.1.0 for use
during the autobuild way.  I then start over with the autobuild method
(and all original distribution source files, not modified ones below)
and then replace the broken omniidl, etc. when the autobuild fails
because of them.

The full instructions of how I built the 64-bit Solaris 8 under the
"old" system are:

1) edit config/config.mk to set "platform = sun4_sosV_5.7"
2) edit mk/platforms/sun4_sosV_5.7.mk to set PYTHON to 64-bit version
     also add "-xarch=generic64" to CXXDEBUGFLAGS, CDEGUGFLAGS, CLINK
and SharedLibraryPlatformLinkFlagsTemplate
3) edit include/omniORB4/CORBA_sysdep_trad.h to add to SUNPRO_CC section
SIZEOF_LONG/PTR 8
4) edit src/tool/omkdepend/ifparser.h to add:
      #include <stdlib.h>   //before <stdio.h>
      #include <string.h>
5) edit src/tool/omniidl/cxx/dir.mk to change "-ptv -G" to "-ptv
-xarch=generic64 -G"
6) edit src/tool/omniidl/cxx/cccp/cccp.c to add:
      #include <stdlib.h>
      #include <string.h>
      #include <strings.h>
      #include <unistd.h>
      #include <alloca.h>
      #include <sys/types.h>
      #include <sys/stat.h>
      #include <ctype.h>
      #include <stdio.h>
      #include <signal.h>
7) make export as normal

I also made one change for the autobuild system for Solaris 8 builds:

1) If configuring similar to this (with the 64-bit Python first in my path):
            ../configure --prefix=/<dir>/OMNI4_64 CC="cc
-xarch=generic64" CXX="CC -xarch=generic64"
    I had to edit the configure script to turn off the test on `basename
$CXX` = "KCC" since it was finding it as being the KCC compiler.

Hope this helps,
Mark Underwood