[omniORB] General ORB questions

Thomas Lockhart lockhart@fourpalms.org
Mon Jan 6 17:51:02 2003

> My main problem now is that, frankly, I donīt really know what exactly I
> am doing and why it is working.

(Sorry, haven't followed the thread until now...)

I (and others) highly recommend Advanced CORBA Programming with C++ by
Henning and Vinoski to get some background. I've found it more useful
than some other books because it gives specific examples *and* gives
opinions on how things should be used.

Others may have suggestions for Java-specific books, but the few I
looked at had good intros (as did several other books) but then did not
move into enough specific information to figure out what was actually
going on...

hth

                    - Tom