[omniORB] java version of eg3-clnt problem....

Olden A (SApS) aolden@glam.ac.uk
Fri Jan 3 13:08:02 2003

Hi folks,

a while ago someone posted a JDK version of the eg3 client program
(http://www.omniorb-support.com/pipermail/omniorb-list/2000-March/014939.htm
l). However, when i tyr and run it I get the following error:

C:\javacorba\work>java EchoClnt3 -Dorg.omg.CORBA.ORBInitialHost=bslap -Dorg.
omg.CORBA.ORBInitialPort=2809
EchoClnt3: got a system exception.
org.omg.CORBA.COMM_FAILURE:   vmcid: SUN  minor code: 201  completed: No

I'm running omniNames4.0.0 under Win2000 - and as the C++ version runs i'm
assuming that this is set up correctly, my question is how come the java
client(1.4) can't find the name server?, I've also tried running my Server
(written in JAVA using 1.4) which work fine when using tnameserv, but falls
over completely when attempting to use omninames. And because i've running
it on a standalone machine, there shouldn't be any network communication
problems.

Thanks
Andrew