[omniORB] RE: VC6 Question/omni idl file output question)

Dave Vaughan dave.vaughan@thales-is.com
Thu Jan 2 15:39:01 2003

Hi Andrew,
	Sorry but I can't be quite as much help on this one.
I am using VC7 (in visual studio.net) and this copes with
EchoSK.cc and echo.hh just fine.

Suggest you have a look in google groups under VC6 and file extensions
Good Luck
Dave Vaughan
This email contains my my own personal views and are in no way connected
with
or attributable to Thales-IS

-----Original Message-----
From: Olden A (SApS) [mailto:aolden@glam.ac.uk]
Sent: 02 January 2003 14:35
To: 'Dave Vaughan '; Olden A (SApS)
Cc: 'omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com '
Subject: VC6 Question/omni idl file output question)

Thanks Dave,

you where right - i delighted the Stdafx when i pasted the eg3_clt
sourcecode into my project (i did this for a test), and the _x86_ directive
someone got deleted when i changed over to Release configuration - i had it
"All Configurations".

Those errors have now gone, but I know have four new errors, but i think
they are related to the fact that the IDL outputs two files, with the
extention .cc (EchoSK.cc) and (echo.hh). But VC doesn't seem to be compiling
them, i've tried renaming them to .h and .cpp but that doesn't work.

In the readme it says that the files should have the extention .cpp, is
there anything i need to two to make force the idl to output these files
instead the .hh and .cc version (or just get VC6 to compile those).

Thanks
Andrew