[omniORB] Interface to DOTNET/DotGNU

James Michael DuPont mdupont777@yahoo.com
Tue Feb 25 10:52:01 2003

--- Lars von Wedel <vonwedel@lfpt.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> Hi;
>
>  > Dear all,
>  > I am looking into OmniOrb, and was wondering if anyone is working
>  > on a Corba Gateway into DotNet/Mono/DotGnu?
>  > mike
>
> I haven't seen a direct CORBA to .Net bridge, however googling around
> shows
> a number of references to CORBA/SOAP gateways. SOAP messaging should
> be
> handled by .Net AFAIK. Have you checked those?
>
> I would appreciate if you could give some feedback about what you
> found,
> this is probably of interest to others (at least for us).

I am just starting my research, a couple of months ago, I had an
interesting chat with Miguel Icaza (from MONO). He wanted to write an
orb in C#.

Personally, I am too lazy to try and do this, I would however be
interested in embedding the pnet (www.dotgnu.org) engine as a corba
server, that means wrapping it in a corba layer and allowing it to
handle requests.

Of course this is problematic when you get in the the issue of IDL:
1. What IDL methods would a DotNet engine have to support?
2. How can you implement an ORB under an ORB, lets say, what methods do
 you need to implement to be able to decode any methods at all?
3. Is there a standard for this? How would it be implemented in
omniorb?

mike

=====
James Michael DuPont