[omniORB] Implementing a python version of Txn::Current

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Mon Feb 24 20:08:02 2003

On Thursday 20 February, Scott Robertson wrote:

> I've successfully wrapped CosTransactions::Current in the same manner as
> PortableServer::Current as a python module. Unfortunatly I've had to
> hard code it's instantiation into pyObjRef::createPyPseudoObjRef (among
> other places) just like it was done for PortableServant and other local
> objects.

I knew this problem was coming...

What I would suggest is to add a function to the omniORBpy C++ api
(see include/omniORBpy.h in the omniORBpy tree) that allows you to
register additional functions / objects that try to narrow pseudo
objects. That way, createPyPseudoObjRef can consult a list of
registered converters if its built in ones don't work.

In the next week or so, I intend to finish off the omniORB 4.0.1 /
omniORBpy 2.1 releases, so if you could come up with a suggested patch
in the next few days, that would be good. I might get around to doing
it myself.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --