[omniORB] append octet sequence

Thomas Amsler amsler@cs.ucdavis.edu
Mon Feb 24 17:51:01 2003

I am trying to find a way to efficiently append octet sequences. Here is
what I am trying to do:

I try to send a file from the client to the server. I have this working
in the case where I just send one big sequence that contains all the
file data. However, I am forced to not send the whole file data at once
and thus need to break it up into smaller sequences and then assemble
them on the server side. What is the most efficient way to do this?

I thought that I could create a sequence of the final file size on the
server side and then just copy sub sequences as they arrive into the
final sequence. This doesn't seem to be very efficient. Is there a
better way where I can just "append" sequences to one another as they
arrive?
I am using omniORB on the server side and JacORB for the client. I know
this is not a specific omniORB question but someone may have
experimented with this.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
--Thank you.

--