[omniORB] Missing idl file in /usr/share/idl/omniORB?

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Feb 19 11:28:01 2003

On Friday 14 February, Thomas Lockhart wrote:

> 4) At the moment, the python stubs for CosNaming are built from a
> directory python/CosNaming/, which contains build rules etc. Same with
> python/CosNaming__POA/. I've got something like 50 IDL files to build,
> and would like to not have 100 subdirectories with individual makefiles
> :) Is it OK to rethink the CosNaming build strategy and merge it into
> this expanded scheme?

Yes.

> 5) Where does aclocal.m4 come from? It is autogenerated from somewhere,
> but I'm not seeing the connection to sources. And I'm not seeing it
> referenced in ./configure. Same with acinclude.m4. What is the story here?

acinclude.m4 is written by hand. aclocal.m4 is generated by aclocal,
which is part of Automake.

> 6) Should this discussion be on omniORB-dev rather than on this list?

I don't care either way since I'm subscribed to both :-)

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --