[omniORB] omniEvents

Donald Brandon dbrandon@nrlssc.navy.mil
Tue Feb 18 21:22:01 2003

Hey Bjorn:

Thanks for the reply.

bjorn rohde jensen wrote:

> Hi Donald,
>
>  I cant say, i have tested omniEvents under windows
> or cygwin at all, but the only thing needed to get
> omniEvents to build with omniORB4 under linux is
> to fix a few includes and the ORB_init key and that
> is it.

I was able to get omniEvents to build for me, with a little persuasion
;-) , so the following questions should not be platform specific.  I
checked the archives and found where you and another individual had
discussed this back in September, but there was no follow up on his
dilemma.  Anyway, after building omniEvents successfully, i tried to run
it  ---->  omniEvents -s 3100.  This gave me the BOA_init failed:
-BOAiiop_port is now obsolete, use -ORBendpoint message.

I can't quite see how to change from -BOAiiop_port to anything else.  I
see where Paul had placed it in some dummy command line option in
omniEvents.cc but changing there seems to do nothing.  I also tried a
command line -ORBendpoint but omniEvents did not seem to know what that
was.  Can you, or anyone else, offer any clarity on this?

Many Thanks,
DB