[omniORB] CosTransactions update and call for volunteers

Scott Robertson srobertson@codeit.com
Tue Feb 18 17:36:01 2003

--=-XiDSoKR3IXXJ3IBl5ruL

Someone inquired this morning about our progress on implementing the
Transaction service.  I figured now would be a good time to give the
list a progress report and call for volunteers.

You can read about our progress in the attached e-mail.

We're thinking of calling this project omniOTS and making it available
under the GPL.

If you'd like to volunteer and you are comfortable slinging C++ or
python we need your help! So don't be shy!

TODO:
* Setup  CVS  or set  up a sourceforge project
* Clean-up the build process, and get the code working on windows
* Make the CosTransactions::Current object available to python clients
and servers.
* Flesh out the transaction service (implemented in python)
* Implement the orb policy checks to keep from propagating transactions
to non-transactional objects and to raise exceptions when calling
methods on objects that require transactions.

If you're interested please contact me and we can figure out the best
tasks for you to work on.