[omniORB] Question on omniORB configuration.......

steinhoffc@schneider.com steinhoffc@schneider.com
Thu Feb 13 13:33:02 2003

     We have an application that can send back large amounts of data (over
2 megs) and I am looking for some insight on one of the parameter settings
in the omniORB.cfg file, "giopMaxMsgSize". We currently have to run with
GIOP 1.0 (due to a limitation with in our environment) so the
"giopMaxMsgSize" is used as a limiting factor for our message size.
Currently "giopMaxMsgSize" is set to 2 megs and this causes the application
with the large return set to fail. We are thinking about bumping the
parameter up to accommodate the larger size, but I am wondering what effect
that will have on the processing.

If I raise that parameter, will it effect the processing of the smaller
messages or is it just a gate keeper to stop large messages from going
through???

Any feed back would be appreciated?

                                     Thanks
                                                Craig