[omniORB] Naming Service header file

Olivier Boudeville olivier.boudeville@edf.fr
Wed Feb 12 17:13:02 2003

Hi everybody,

I have a very simple question (I am an omniorb newbie) : with
omniORB-4.0.0, in /src/examples/echo/eg3_clt.cc, I can see that the
Naming Service is used (CosNaming::NamingContext_var rootContext;) but
only echo.hh is included, and it seems to only include CORBA.h. Does the
OMG standard demands that header files about the Naming Services should
be included in all cases, even in the case where the interface does not
use it ?

For example, with the orb named TAO, I would have to add #include
"orbsvcs/CosNamingC.h"
(I think a part of the problem is that the OMG did not specify which
filenames IDL compilers should use when generating files from foo.idl).

More directly, if I am to use the Naming Service, I do not need with
omniorb to add any specific include files ?

Thanks in advance for any hint,

Olivier.

--
Olivier Boudeville

EDF R&D : 1, avenue du Général de Gaulle, 92140 Clamart, France
Département SINETICS, groupe AASI (I22), bureau D068
Office : 33 1 47 65 59 58 / Mobile : 33 6 16 83 37 22