[omniORB] Connecting to the remote server

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Feb 12 11:28:01 2003

On Wednesday 12 February, "Evelin Halling" wrote:

> I configured
> InitRef = Pank=corbaname::ip_address:14300

[...]
> obj = orb.resolve_initial_references("Pank")
> eo = obj._narrow(VHLMsgRecvModule.IVHLMsgRecv)

I am not certain what you are trying to do. Can you explain?  What you
have done is said that the initial reference "Pank" is a CORBA Naming
service running on the ip address, port 14300. That is not the case --
in fact the trace shows that nothing is there, hence the connection
failure. Furthermore, you then try to narrow the thing that you've
declared to be a naming service to an object with interface
VHLMsgRecvModule.IVHLMsgRecv. If there was a naming service where
you've specified, that narrow would fail.

What exactly are you trying to achieve?

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --