[omniORB] Working on CosTransactions, but need help

Scott Robertson srobertson@codeit.com
Wed Feb 12 05:55:02 2003

Hi!

I've been using omni orb (omniPy) for sometime, and have been dying for
an implementation of CosTransactions, so much so that I'm attepmting to
put my money where my mouth is and get the ball rolling.

So far I've poked around the code a bit, got interceptors to work have
an idea of what I need to do for Current but...

1.) I can't compile the CosTransactions.idl because the Current
interface extends CORBA::Current, which is not defined anywhere in any
of the IDLs that come with omniOrb as far as I can see. Looking at some
other ORBs, implementations they seem to just define Current with no
attributes or methods.

So I added this to the CosTransaction.idl

module CORBA{
interface Current{};
};

Which gets omniidl to generate the Stubs and headers, BUT this conflicts
with the definition of Current from CORBA_Current.h.

What should I do to get CosTransactions.idl to compile in a compliant
manner?

2.) What's the best way to add the intrecetpors? Right now I just do the
add  right after calling ORB.init()... This is rather combersome is
there someway to get omni orb to load this dynamically for me?

3.) I need to add the TransactionFactory to
orb.resolve_initial_refernces()... I swear I saw how to do this but I
can't seem to find it anywhere. Can you point me in the right direction?

With some help, I might be able to knock out a proof of concept pretty
quickly and contribute it back....

Thanks in advance....

--
Scott Robertson <srobertson@codeit.com>