[omniORB] non-threaded clients

Matthew Bettencourt matt@ssc.usm.edu
Wed Feb 12 02:08:02 2003

I am doing work on an SGI and I have the need to have clients that use
openMP.  Now, there is a problem with mixing openMP and pthreads on the
SGI, i.e, it is not allowed and the code will die.  Now, is there any
way to build omniORB w/o threads for just the client side of things?

I noticed that there are other threading specs in the omnithread lib.
Are there any others floating around??  Maybe one using semaphores?? (this
is what openMP is using for its locks on the SGI) I guess I could write
one but I am hoping to avoid that.  The other option is to replace the
client side CORBA with something like mico.

Any ideas would be welcome on this issue.  What I am currently doing is
I am using orbacus with an older version that has no threads enabled.
Since I am going to GPL my work I am hoping to get rid of any dependence
on non-gpl stuff for the types of machines I am targeting.

Thanks
Matt