[omniORB] Quadratic behavious of omniORB DSI

Victor Joukov vic@rambler.ru
Mon Feb 10 20:28:01 2003

I tried to benchmark relative performance of static sever
implementation versus DSI. For a simple interface:

interface SomeInterface
{
  struct SomeStruct {
    sequence<string> ss;
  };

  void set(in SomeStruct s);
};

the difference between behavior is not percents, but the
order of complexity. I have empty implementation for both
servers, that is they do not do anything with the data,
just accept them. I fill stings with letters 'A' 100 times
and send various number of these strings packed in struct
to server. I repeat this procedure 100 times to measure the
time more accurately.

The results are (in seconds):
nObjects DSI     static
1000     2.02    1.03
2000     11.95   2.97
3000     31.99   4.93
4000     62.98   6.00
5000     111.99  8.97

I use omniORB 4.0.0 on Windows. The server and client are
run on the same machine. Did anybody face with this kind
of behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Victor.

---------
Рамблер желает всем счастливого Нового Года!!!
http://www.rambler.ru/