[omniORB] Omniorb3.0.4 bug? (omniorbpy)

Neil Pilgrim omniorb@kepier.clara.net
Sun Feb 9 12:48:01 2003

Yes, I know omniorb3 is old...

I'm just wondering if anyone remembers any bugs removed in omni3.0.5, or
in any corresponding omniorbpy, wherein any thrown exceptions would
result in a segfault.

If I use the following python code and 'stringified_ior' does not
contain a valid ior, then I get a segmentation fault.

            try:
                object = self.orb.string_to_object(stringified_ior)
            except:
                print "invalid"

Using -ORBtraceLevel 100 gives "omniORB: throw BAD_PARAM from
uri.cc:148" before seg-faulting. I also get similar behaviour if the ior
is valid, but the server cannot be contacted - when doing the first call
into the server. This gives:
omniORB: throw omniConnectionBroken (minor 111) from
tcpSocketMTfactory.cc:1132
omniORB: tcpSocketStrand::~Strand() close socket no. 6
omniORB: throw COMM_FAILURE from remoteIdentity.cc:178

Omni doesn't seem to want to let python catch any exceptions :(
Is there something obviously wrong with my python, or is this some known
bug?

Thanks,

--
Neil, using .debs of 3.0.4