[omniORB] pthreads on IRIX

Daniel Greenblatt dan@cgl.ucsf.edu
Wed Feb 5 21:34:01 2003

I'm using omniORB3 on an SGI system running IRIX 6.5.18.
I'm having a problem that within a couple seconds of starting up the ORB
and making a few calls on remote objects, my application locks up.
When I force a core dump and run the output through dbx, most of the calls
are omni-related, and the most recent call in the traceback is always:

_SGIPT_pt_start() ["/xlv47/6.5.18f/work/eoe/lib/libpthread/libpthread_n32_M3/pt.c":808,
0xc39c898]

I read a couple posts from a _long_ time ago about a similar problem - but
that was with an earlier version of IRIX.

Are there any known problems with omniORB not cooperating with IRIX's
pthreads? Any suggestions as to why this happens?

Thanks,
Dan Greenblatt