[omniORB] nil object destruction

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Wed Feb 5 17:01:01 2003

On Monday 3 February, "Renzo Tomaselli" wrote:

> This strategy does not work when any of such nils belongs to a dynamic
> service which has been discarded from memory because of a shutdown procedure
> or because it was discarded on demand during process lifecycle: then the nil
> points to garbage, and an access violation is granted for sure.
> Can anyone comment on that ? Thanks,

That is indeed a problem. I can't think of any easy way around it,
other than to not call orb->destroy(). If you don't destroy the ORB,
things like the nils are not cleaned up. It isn't possible to
reference count the nils since the C++ mapping says you don't need
to. I'm open to any other suggestions...

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --