[omniORB] Single-threaded behaviour changed between omniORB3 & omniORB4?

jorgefm@cirsa.com jorgefm@cirsa.com
Wed Feb 5 14:10:02 2003

Hi Donnacha !

I had a similar problem because in omniorb-4.x the behaviour is different
from
omniorb-3.x. You have to edit your /etc/omniORB.cfg and change the entry

  maxServerThreadPerConnection = 1

The default is 100, then when a client request a method, if the previous
request from
a connection is in process, the server throws a new thread to wait and be
able to receive
more request. The 'maxServerThreadPerConnection = 1' assures that the
server dont throws
a new thread and the connection is blocked until the request is completed,
it was the
omniorb-3.x default behaviour.

I hope it helps!
Jorge

                      Donnacha Forde
                      <dmf2k2@yahoo.com>               Para:     omniorb-list@omniorb-support.com
                      Enviado por:                     cc:
                      omniorb-list-admin@omniorb-      Asunto:   Re: [omniORB] Single-threaded behaviour changed between omniORB3 &
                      support.com                         omniORB4?

                      05/02/2003 13.21

More on this:

I've done some further testing and have discovered
that the problem only occurs with oneway calls. In
other words, the orb can/will deliver requests to my
server on multiple threads when a oneway method is
invoked.

Is this correct behaviour? Shouldn't these requests be
delivered serially like normal requests?

Regards,
Donnacha