[omniORB] Windows98 Problems

Duncan Grisby duncan@grisby.org
Tue Feb 4 10:18:02 2003

On Thursday 30 January, Christopher Fahey wrote:

> 	i am hoping someone can help me with this unusual situation.  i have an
> application that sends images from a workstation to a server using
> omniORB3.0.5. (i plan on going to 4 but not right now since i am near
> release).  the client code is compiled in c++ for linux, windows xp, windows
> nt, and windows 9x.  the problem i am having is that the windows 9x client
> is corrupting the data when it sends it.  the data is fine until it is
> loaded into a sequence<octet> object that is being sent, but when it reaches
> the server, the the data in the sequence is corrupt.

Mysterious. I can't see anything wrong with your code. Have you
confirmed that the data is correct just before you send it?  Try
running with trace level 40 to see the data transmitted. That will
show if it's the sending side or the receiving side getting it wrong.

  -- duncan@grisby.org     --
   -- http://www.grisby.org --