[omniORB] RPM: omniNames init script is not executable

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Wed Dec 24 04:52:29 GMT 2003

> But I guess it's better to have a mechanism to control command line
> switches in /etc/sysconfig/omniNames rather than having people modify
> the init script.

Agreed. Though I'm not proposing to implement /etc/sysconfig/omniNames
at this time, this seems like a good feature.

But imho both mechanisms should be allowed...

> Of course the chkconfig issue still remains.

... especially since we should accomodate this issue anyway.

> First observations: the omniNames init script now correctly has execute
> permissions, but the file ownership has not been set to root: the
> %config(noreplace) %attr(775,-,-) %{rc_path}/*
> should be:
> %config(noreplace) %attr(775,root,root) %{rc_path}/*

OK. I've now read up on %attr() and have fixed this. I've also reviewed
the pre- and post-installation actions for each sub-package, and have
made some changes to rationalize what happens for -server and for
-bootscripts.

> I'll let you know if I find more (could take some time though, because
> I'm offline the coming week).

Thanks! I'll post a new trial RPM set in the next few days pending
further comment.

                       - Tom