[omniORB] omniORBpy on AIX platform

Wang, Xiaohui Xiaohui.Wang at spirentcom.com
Mon Dec 22 16:44:01 GMT 2003

I am trying to build omniORBpy 2.3 on AIX platform. After I made changes to
the beforeauto.mk file, the build is successful:

	ifdef AIX
	IMPORT_CPPFLAGS += -D__aix__

	CMAKEDEPEND     += -D_AIX
	CXXMAKEDEPEND   += -D_AIX
	CDEBUGFLAGS      =
	CXXDEBUGFLAGS    =

	CXXOPTIONS      = -qstaticinline -qmaxmem=8192 -qlonglong
-qlongdouble

	COPTIONS        = -qmaxmem=8192 -qlonglong -qlongdouble

	OMNITHREAD_POSIX_CPPFLAGS = -DNoNanoSleep -DPthreadDraftVersion=10
	OMNITHREAD_CPPFLAGS = -D_REENTRANT
	OMNITHREAD_LIB += -lpthread -lomniCodeSets4 -lomniDynamic4
-lomniORB4 -lomnithread -lpython2.3 -lexpat

	#SHAREDLIB_SUFFIX = so
	PythonSHAREDLIB_SUFFIX = so

	# this works only for xlc version >= 5
	SharedLibraryPlatformLinkFlagsTemplate = -qmkshrobj

	endif

omniORB I am using is omniORB-4.0.3. I think this version of omniORB is in
sync with omniORBpy-2.3

After the installation of the build package, I started python and tried to
load module omniORB of omniORBpy-2.3, then I
got a core dump on python. Any guru has any good ideas on what happened to
my building setting that resulting to the
core of python?

BTW, I can import modules (omniidl) from omniORB-4.0.3 without any problem.

Thanks,