[omniORB] omniORB and Cygwin

Douglas Brown Doug.Brown at shadysoft.com
Thu Dec 18 17:00:53 GMT 2003

It sounds like something is wrong with your python installation. Can you
confirm the existence of the file /usr/include/python2.3/Python.h? Can you
run a simple python program?

Also, what messages about python did you receive when you ran configure? If
you didn't receive anything useful, I would suggest adding:

  set -x

to the configure file (somewhere after the initial comment section works
well), and re-running configure and capture the output to a file. If you
still can't see anything strange, send me the file separately. Also, capture
make's out put to a file and send me that too:

  make > /tmp/make.out 2>&1

That will help me figure out where things are breaking.

Also, just for sanity's sake, please verify:

1) You are not talking about using Cygwin with Visual C++
2) You have the full cygwin installation and it works (see the cygcheck
command; if something is wrong, send me the output of 'cygcheck -s', too).
3) You have applied the patch I supplied to a clean omniORB 4.0.3
installation
4) You have not modified any files in ./config or ./mk (i.e., you didn't
manually try to specify an architecture)
5) You have run ../configure from the ./build directory

The patch I provided should just work out of the box, but cygwin is a
complicated environment to get setup right.

If you have further questions, you can contact me directly.

Doug