[omniORB] LOCATION_FORWARD exception from a python method

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Dec 15 12:16:37 GMT 2003

On Friday 12 December, baileyk at schneider.com wrote:

> I'm getting a SEGV from omni::locationForward() during a test case where a
> python servant method throws a omniORB::LOCATION_FORWARD exception because
> new_location.pd_id is null.

This is odd. I've looked into it, and I've found a bug in the way
location forwards are handled that lead to a segfault. However, it
doesn't segfault in the place you mention.

Please can you try the current CVS version (or a snapshot -- I've
updated it), and see if that helps. If you still get the segfault, can
you send me an example program that prompts it?