[omniORB] Java + Naming Service Access Problems

Thomas Soddemann Thomas.Soddemann at rzg.mpg.de
Wed Dec 10 15:54:57 GMT 2003

Tingle, Alex wrote:

>Thomas wrote:
>

>>we have the same problem, so we choose to use the jacORB
>>naming service instead of omninames, as a work around ;)
>>

>I don't see how you can fix the problem by using a different naming service
>- the problem lies with the Java client...
>

>Thomas, are you reporting success with corbaname-style initialisation, or
>are you using InitialHost & InitialPort?
>
>-Alex

Hi again,

the corbaname-style initialisation works for clients if I use jacORB
with the jacORB naming service. The server components are implemented in
C++ with omniORB or are java servers making use of jacORB.

The line for jacorb.properties looks like

ORBInitRef.NameService=corbaloc::<jacorb nameservice host>:3528

for a jacorb name service configured with JBoss. The exact same thing
did not work in the
case where the host was running omninames. In that case only omniORB
clients could resolve names successfully.

Btw. you have to use org.omg.CosNaming.NamingContextExt to be successful.

Cheers,
Thomas