[omniORB] Running omniNames as a non-priviledged user?

Anthony Schlemmer aschlemm at comcast.net
Sun Dec 7 13:11:13 GMT 2003

The original "omniNames" script I found included with 4.0.3 didn't do
anything special here. On a RedHat ES 2.1 system I modified the script
so it runs "su -c ..." to startup omniNames so its owned by a
non-priviledged user. On a SuSE 9.0 system I was able to use the
fancier "startproc" program which allows me to specify both a user and
group to run the process under.

Thanks,

Tony