[omniORB] constructing an IOR

Cameron Rochester Cameron.Rochester at Ripple-Systems.com
Fri Dec 5 17:42:00 GMT 2003

Hi all,

I am just wondering if it is possible to construct an IOR (object reference)
on a client machine to communicate with an Object on a server. The server is
activating the with an ID that is comprised of a Database key.

>From the client I can create the ObjectID, and the repoID, of the remote
object (as I have the interface, and the Database key) as well as the host
and port on which the server is running (through other means). What I want
to know if it is possible to formulate an IOR with this information so that
I don't have to resolve the Object from the naming service. Note: I don't
want to use the omniINSPOA to do this.

The bit that I am unsure about is what makes up the object_key section of
the IOR and if there is easy way I can create it..

Any help appreciated
Thanks
Cameron