[omniORB] Problem with from omniORB import CORBA!

Andrae Muys andrae.muys at braintree.com.au
Thu Dec 4 17:28:01 GMT 2003

I literally copied the example from the omniORBpy Users Guide and at the
moment it is failing on line 4.

from omniORB import CORBA

specifically the error I'm getting is

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./example.py", line 4, in ?
     from omniORB import CORBA
   File "./omniORB/__init__.py", line 181, in ?
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/_omnipymodule.so:
undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_FromUnicode

I'm not entirely sure where to start looking.

Google suggests that this function is part of the standard python dist.
  So I'm wondering if I might have the wrong python version.

I am running Sander Steffann's 4.0.2 RPM's from
http://opensource.nederland.net/omniORB/ on a pretty stock Redhat 9.0
box running python2.2.1

The C++ side of the install has worked flawlessly thus far[0].

Andrae Muys

[0] Well except when I forgot that poa->servant_to_reference implicitly
activates the object.... opps :)