[omniORB] HPUX11 and -AA aCC option

FredP frederic.prin at silvaco.com
Tue Dec 2 17:16:39 GMT 2003

Hi all,

omniORB4.0.1 for HPUX c++ code is compiled WITHOUT the -AA option:

I use omniORB 4.0.1 with TRADITIONAL build; my aCC version is aCC: HP ANSI
C++ B3910B A.03.39
It's not the same with which omniORB / HPUX had been tested.

---- extract of hppa_hpux_11.00.mk ----
CXXOPTIONS   += -w +inst_v +DAportable \
                       -D_THREAD_SAFE \
                       -DRWSTD_MULTI_THREAD \
                     -DRW_MULTI_THREAD
---------------------
can someone confirm this ?

man of aCC tells that
>       -AA            Turns on newly supported ANSI C++ Standard features
>                      like namespace std and the new C++ Standard Library.
>                      This option also implies -Aa.  Include paths are
>                      changed to include_std and libraries are libCsup_v2
and
>                      libstd_v2.
>                      NOTE: Objects and libraries compiled with -AA are
>                      binary incompatible with objects and libraries
compiled
>                      without -AA.

we use to compile WITH -AA option!

I try to add -AA option to CXXOPTIONS but the compiles fails.

Is someone has experienced such incompatibilities ?
When I compile my programs (with -AA) against omniORB libs (compiled
without -AA) I have a lot of warnings and future error; Is someone has
experienced
Do omniORB 4.0.3 use -AA ?

Thanks for your help.
and special thanks to Alex Tingle for helping me.