[omniORB] Redhat 9.0 omniORBpy 2.1 and Unicode problems

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Aug 29 16:38:46 BST 2003

On Wednesday 27 August, Scott Robertson wrote:

> Attached is a tarball including the traces, code and idl.
>
> Any other RedHat 9 users want to give this a shot and see if you
> experience the same thing?

Aha. I see. RedHat have switched Python to use the non-default setup
of UCS-4, i.e. 32 bit characters, for unicode. omniORBpy didn't have
code to cope with that, so it was trying to use the UCS-4 as
UTF-16. I've checked in some code that in theory should make it work.
I don't have a suitable version of Python compiled, so I haven't
tested it completely, but I'm pretty certain it's OK.

Please update from CVS and see if it helps.