[omniORB] Client gets TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed exception.

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Fri Aug 29 13:17:48 BST 2003

On Monday 18 August, Jochen Behrens wrote:

> Dependent on the network driver state of the first non-loopback
> interface of my server host the client application is able to get access
> to a server application or the call returns with the
> TRANSIENT_ConnectFailed exception. The server host is a gateway and the
> client is only able to get access via the second network interface.

[...]
> and restart client and server application the client is not able anymore
> to get access. Each subsequent call returns with the above exception.
> That puzzles me, because client and server are only connectable via
> <b-net> and (in my opinion) the state of the other interface shall not
> affect client/server behaviour.
>
> Do I have to initiate a location forward in the client on application
> level? Maybe I do not understand the concept of multiple network support
> and location forwarding.

What you are doing should work fine, but I think your endpoint
specifications may be a bit wrong. The trace you posted shows that the
server actually has three endpoint specifications, two on
192.168.207.251, on ports 5555 and 42948, and one on 172.16.1.29, port
42949. That's why there are three reports of giopStream::CommFailure
before the TRANSIENT exception is thrown. The earlier bits of trace
show that the server is really listening on 172.16.1.29 port 5555.
What exactly is the endpoint specification you are giving the server?