[omniORB] omniORB's naming service promotes suicidal ideations

Joel jmc at iinet.net.au
Thu Aug 28 20:17:50 BST 2003

Hi all,
Ive written three simple "hello world" corba client/server applications
in VB, Java and C++ (the latter using the omniORB toolkit) all from the
same IDL file.

The C++, VB and Java clients talk to the Java and VB servers
interchangeably.. yay. However the C++ (omniORB) client is the only
client that can talk to the C++ server! This has led me to believe that
a misconfiguration of the omniORB naming service daemon is probably the
prime cause of the Java and VB clients inability to contact the C++
server.

I'm begging anyone out there if they have got other ORBs to work with
omniORB  to please PLEASE send me their omniORB.cfg and omniNames.cfg
files so that I might be able to gain some insight on what I am doing
wrong. Dont make me write this server with Java :(

(apologies if youre sick of seeing emails of this type. Ive looked
everywhere and cant find adequate solutions)

Gratefully,
-- Joel