[omniORB] clientCallTimeoutPeriod bug in multithreading

Thierry DESCOMBES descombt at ipnl.in2p3.fr
Thu Aug 28 12:51:34 BST 2003

Hi,

In fact, the problem is a little more subtle than it has firstly appeared.
The client I write, do another thing than interrogating the servers:
it notified another program (one more CORBA server) of each unreachable
servers.

So, to sum up:

   The corba client "Daq" interrogate the "sensors" (which are corba
servers). Each time, the "Daq" can't reach a "sensor", it calls a method on
the "Manager" (which acts has a corba server too).
If the "Daq" interrogates simultaneously 2 or more of the "sensor" servers
(using one thread by request), it notices the "Manager" of the
impossibility to reach the "sensor" for only the first four, or first seven
unreachable servers  (depending on the number of simultaneous requests I
made)... and the "Daq" falls in a deadlock.
However... If the "Daq" doesn't inform the "Manager", all works fine...

Cheers,
Thierry.