[omniORB] Problem with OmniORBPy on AIX

Gary Duzan gduzan at bbn.com
Tue Aug 26 14:50:11 BST 2003

In Message <3F4B925C.7725074E at dassault-aviation.fr> ,
   Pierre LAFRAISE <pierre.lafraise at dassault-aviation.fr> wrote:

=>Hello,
=>
=>I have a problem with OmniORBPy on OmniORB 4.0.2 with Python 2.2 on AIX
=>with ORB Initialisation.
=>The following code does not work fine on AIX 4.3.3. But it works on
=>Linux and on IRIX.
=>
=>Moreover, the problem does not occur with C++ example using ORBInit.

   It has been a while (i.e. several years), but the last time
I tried getting omniORBpy working on AIX I had to change the module
load routine in the python interpreter and link it with xlC in order
for the global initializers to be called properly in C++ modules like
omnipy. There may be an additional configuration option for the python
interpreter to turn this support on.
   I know this is vague, but it might be worth looking into.

					Gary Duzan
					BBN Technologies
					A Verizon Company