[omniORB] omniORB.cdrUnmarshal() eats up all my memory

Grunewald, Frank grunewald.f at atlas.de
Tue Aug 26 16:02:47 BST 2003

Hi all,

	I have stored CDR coded TypeCodes in a file using the following functions: omniORB.cdrMarshal() for CDR coding and marshal.dump() to store the results in a file.

	If I CDR decode the stored TypeCodes step by step later using:
	:
	:
	notTheEnd=1
	while notTheEnd:
	  the_octets=marshal.load(CDRdataTypeFileObj)  #-- extract one of the TypeCodes from the file
	  typecode=omniORB.cdrUnmarshal(CORBA.TC_TypeCode, the_octets) #--CDR decode the TypeCode
	     :
	     #-- later I will do something with the created instance <typecode>

	I have to notice, that the cdrUnmarshal() function is decreasing rapidly my memory.
	Any explanation why the memory is decreasing and/or how to prevent it?

	Thanks in advance,
	Frank