[omniORB] Problem by testing the example programm call_back

Thomas Lockhart lockhart at fourpalms.org
Sun Aug 24 08:52:04 BST 2003

> I downloaded the latest version omniORB-4.2.0 and try
> to test an example program "call_back". But I got
> problems. First I compiled the programs. Then I start
> the server first by typing: cb_server and I got the
> following message:
> What's the problem?

It is usually best to ask the list your question, rather than a specific
person. But on the assumption that you would accept a response from
someone other than Duncan here are some suggestions... ;)

Since you are trying callbacks, since the client is contacting the
server, and since the server is failing to talk to the client, it is
likely that your client is not identifying itself adequately to the
server (the client generates an IOR for use by the server during the
callback. So in fact both programs "client" and "server" operate as both
client and server).

Make sure that both sides are configured to use "dotted decimal
addresses" and/or make sure that each side correctly identifies itself
with a fqdn in the IOR (use catior to display the IOR contents). It
looks like they are using the loopback interface (127.0.0.1) and that
might be a problem for identifying machines...

hth

                         - Tom