[omniORB] Redhat 9.0 omniORBpy 2.1 and Unicode problems

Scott Robertson srobertson at codeit.com
Sat Aug 23 16:13:03 BST 2003

Nope I see the same problem  using repr().   Results look like this.

'u'Hel\U081c431c\x18''

All I've done is taken the simple echo example and changed the
echoString() function to return a wstring instead of a string, it then
converts whatever string was passed to it to a unicode string and
returns that as its result.

This works without a problem on RedHat 8.0 but Redhat 9.0 gets it wrong
every time.