[omniORB] Threading OMNIORB requests

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Sat Aug 23 11:41:03 BST 2003

On Friday 22 August, "Matt Ficken" wrote:

> How can I get the python version of OmniORB to launch the function
> being called in a new thread.

omniORB always uses multiple threads. It doesn't start one thread per
request, since that would be terribly inefficient, but it starts new
threads on demand.

> I'm having some occasinal problems with an OmniORBpy based program
> I'm writing because sometimes a request takes longer to process,
> which prevents other requests from being made.

What exactly are you seeing?  One thread busy processing a call should
not hold up other calls. Perhaps you are calling into a C extension
that fails to release the Python global interpreter lock?