[omniORB] orb->run fails on NT

Fred Cook ftcook at allvantage.com
Fri Aug 22 11:35:00 BST 2003

Hi all,

We are porting a server to NT and have found an odd problem.  The code
is very similar to the echo example.  We have done this 100 times in the

Linux, solaris,HPUX world and have had no problems but with NT we  have
discovered that when orb->run() is  called the server goes off into the
abyss.  There seems to be a bit of a time out before it hangs too.  We
are doing a release mode build with omniORB 4 running on NT 4.0 and for
me MSDEV 6.0 and sp 5.  Would rebuilding omniORB be a good place to
start?

-Fred