[omniORB] Change in src/lib/omniORB/orbcore/corbaORB.cc ORB_init

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Aug 21 18:21:31 BST 2003

On Monday 18 August, Paul Keeley wrote:

> In version 4.0.2 there is no conditional setting of the config_fname -
> CONFIG_DEFAULT_LOCATION is always used.  The CONFIG_DEFAULT_LOCATION is also
> defined in the make file if it is not there.  This in effect means that the
> registry is never read because the config filename is defined.  My questions
> are:  1- Is this an intentional change?  And 2, would it be better to define
> CONFIG_DEFAULT_LOCATION as 0 or to re-add the #IF logic.

Oh dear. The change was intentional, but wrong. The old code never
looked at the default config file location in the case that there were
no registry entries. The fix was meant to make it do that, but broke
the registry reading instead. I've fixed it properly now.

This is a serious enough bug that I think it's worth doing a 4.0.3
release in the near future. Does anyone else have any bugs in 4.0.2 to
report?