[omniORB] -Wbkeep_inc_path

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Thu Aug 21 17:52:33 BST 2003

On Wednesday 13 August, "Barthel Marco (MPA/DS)" wrote:

> What I thought I would get if use either
>
> 	omniidl -I .. -bcxx -Wbkeep_inc_path if2.idl
> 	omniidl -I C:\projekte\baseport\test -bcxx -Wbkeep_inc_path if2.idl
>
> is the following:
>
> [...]
> #ifndef __if1_hh_EXTERNAL_GUARD__
> #define __if1_hh_EXTERNAL_GUARD__
> #include <package1\if1.hh>
> #endif
> [...]
>
> Is the generation of
>
> 	#include <C:\projekte\baseport\test/package1\if1.hh>
> 	#include <../package1\if1.hh>
>
> a bug or is it intended.

The problem is that it's not omniidl that processes the #include. That
is done by the GNU C preprocessor, cccp. The filenames seen by omniidl
come from #line directives put in by cccp. There isn't any way to tell
cccp to use relative paths, so omniidl doesn't have much choice.

If anyone has any good suggestions, or even better, code, I'll
happily consider it.