[omniORB] omniORBpy 2.2 and AIX

Duncan Grisby duncan at grisby.org
Mon Aug 18 12:28:28 BST 2003

On Thursday 14 August, Thomas BARON wrote:

> I've just compiled omniORB 4.0.2 under Linux RH73 / AIX 4.3 / IRIX 6.5
> using configure, everything was fine (using gcc / xlc / cc).

That's good.

> When compiling omniORB 2.2 under Linux/IRIX, everything is OK too, but
> on AIX, I've got a syntax error in mk/beforeauto.mk when running
> gnumake. Looking in this file, there's a message "error Not supported
> yet. Too nasty.". Pretty disappointing...

It's only not supported because nobody has worked out what the make
rules need to be. You ought to be able to figure it out based on the
rules used to build omniidl. Try just copying the AIX section from
omniORB's mk/beforeauto.mk.in into omniORBpy's one. If that doesn't
work, try to work out why.

If you get it working, send me the patch and I'll incorporate it.