[omniORB] omniORBpy 2.2 and AIX

Thomas BARON thomas.baron at dassault-aviation.fr
Thu Aug 14 11:21:38 BST 2003

Hello,

I've just compiled omniORB 4.0.2 under Linux RH73 / AIX 4.3 / IRIX 6.5
using configure, everything was fine (using gcc / xlc / cc).

When compiling omniORB 2.2 under Linux/IRIX, everything is OK too, but
on AIX, I've got a syntax error in mk/beforeauto.mk when running
gnumake. Looking in this file, there's a message "error Not supported
yet. Too nasty.". Pretty disappointing...

So, I tried to build using old build system, but get a error (core dump)
while running omniidl....

I just now ask myself and all of you if AIX 4.3 is supported by omniORB
2.2 ? If not, can I use 2.1 ?

Tom