[omniORB] omnithread throwing an exception

Fred Cook ftcook at allvantage.com
Wed Aug 13 13:56:56 BST 2003

Hi all,

Got a situation with omnithreads and throwing an exception.  But first
some back ground:

We derive an object from omni_thread, we are using the run_undetached
method.  Within void *run_undetached(void*) we have several try, catch
statements, which guard IDL invocations to another program.

We have discovered that if we try to throw any exception in
run_undetached() our program aborts.  Are we doing something brain dead
here?  Just for fun we tried to throw an exception from the constructor
of this thread object and every thing "worked".

Thanks in advance
-Fred