[omniORB] Problem with exceptions: omniORB: WARNING

Pablo Alvarez palvarez at neuralarts.com
Tue Aug 12 11:55:16 BST 2003

For some reason, omniORB does not like it when I throw a user-defined
exception. Here is the situation:

idl code:
exception PMError {
  string description;
};

(note no namespaces)

But when I throw a PMError in a method "addInput" in my server code (throw
PMError("foo")), I get the following message:

omniORB: WARNING -- method 'addInput' on: root<50331648>
 raised the exception: IDL:PMError:1.0

And what I get on the client side when I call addInput is an exception that is
not a PMError but rather a CORBA::UNKNOWN.

Of course this is a problem, because I would like to know what the exception
was about...

Any suggestions? omniORB and my code were all compiled with g++2.95.3. I am
using omniORB for both server and client.
--
Pablo Alvarez, Ph.D.
Software Engineer

email: palvarez at neuralarts.com