[omniORB] Question about connection from omniORB to Java ORB

JHJE (Jan Holst Jensen) jhje at novonordisk.com
Mon Aug 11 11:28:04 BST 2003

> > "omniORB: From endpoint: giop:tcp:62.134.85.22:1162.
> > Detected GIOP 1.1 protocol error in input message.
> > Connection is closed.
> > Caught system exception COMM_FAILURE -- unable to
> > contact the object."
> > Has someone idea what's wrong?
>
> Just guesses, given the sparse information. We use JacORB for our Java
> ORB. I'm not certain that JDK1.3 is good enough for production work; I
> know JacORB is. You might try starting your Java server using the 1.0
> protocol if it allows that.

I'll second that. We have seen problems with JDK 1.4 as well when
marshalling large strings or string sequences. The Sun ORB can't seem to
make up it's mind whether it uses GIOP 1.0 or 1.2. Forcing the ORB at our
end to use GIOP 1.0 solves it for us. According to another developer I know
of, JacORB does not have this problem.

Cheers

-- Jan Holst Jensen, Novo Nordisk A/S, Denmark