[omniORB] Question about connection from omniORB to Java ORB

Wei Chen chenwei624 at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 10 00:00:48 BST 2003

Hi,

I wrote a simple client/server application. The server
is in Java1.3 using stringified object reference, and
the client in C++ (see attachment).

I start the server first (java HelloStringified) and
then the client with the IOR address which I copy by
server starting (HelloC IOR:xxxxx). But I got error
message like:
"omniORB: From endpoint: giop:tcp:62.134.85.22:1162.
Detected GIOP 1.1 protocol error in input message.
Connection is closed.
Caught system exception COMM_FAILURE -- unable to
contact the object."

I know this error is caused from the code in client:
    // Contact the object and invoke the operation in
server
   CORBA::String_var hello =
helloRef->sayHello("Hello");

Has someone idea what's wrong?